Our Vision: What We Believe
We believe that overcoming anxiety is possible for everyone, no matter how bad it may seem or how long you've been dealing with it.
We believe it doesn't have to take months (or years) of trial and error or powerful psychoactive medications to find what works and gain relief from anxiety in a reasonable amount of time.
We believe there are specific strategies, when used under an integrative plan, that can effectively help you to manage, control and overcome anxiety.
We believe an optimal plan for overcoming anxiety is one that treats the whole person; mind, body and soul; the psychological, biological and spiritual (our deeper selves); our inner world and our outer relationship with others and the world at large.
We believe that these are not separate aspects of each individual but interrelated.
We believe all of this because we've been there and have pulled ourselves out of the depths of severe anxiety, panic attacks, fear and despair using the exact strategies we recommend.
We overcame anxiety through years of trial and error; research, trainings, books, seminars, supplements, herbs, medications, successes, failures and relapses.
We believe you shouldn't have to do the same, but instead you should have direct access to exactly what works and why.
We Thrive on Your Input
We strive to be the best online resource for anxiety strategies and the best anxiety website online, period. Our power to help and to be the best thrives on your input.
The more input we receive – the stronger we will become together. So please, leave comments, ask questions, join us on Facebook, join our free newsletter and share your personal experience with anxiety.
By sharing your experience with anxiety you can improve everyone's understanding of anxiety and possibly help other readers looking for help with their anxiety.
Take Action to Overcome Anxiety
We provide strategies and information on all different types of anxiety. From general anxiety and worry to panic attacks and social anxiety.
While reading about anxiety and the strategies provided can help to develop a better understanding of anxiety and help to reduce anxiety – to truly overcome anxiety you have to take action.
If you're serious about overcoming anxiety we ask that you not only read the articles we have provided but also apply the information you learn.
Practice the techniques, develop a practice, talk to your doctor about the supplements recommended, join our newsletter, get involved with us.
Our Qualifications and Professional Training
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): Center for Mindfulness (University of Massachusetts Medical School)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): ACBS
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Beck Institute
- Taoist Qigong & Medical Qigong
- Mindfulness Meditation (Vipassana)
- Zen Meditation
- Pranayama (breathwork)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT): Tapping
Our Memberships and Programs We Support
There are many websites, programs and non-profits that we believe are doing a good job to help serve those through their information and services. There are a few that we are members of and others we support with recognition and/or donations.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): a nonprofit organization dedicated to the awareness, diagnosis, treatment and cures for anxiety and depression
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS): a nonprofit professional organization associated with ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and RFT (Relational Frame Theory)
- The American Institute of Stress (AIS): a nonprofit corporation offering information to help improve mental and physical health with stress management for health care professionals and the general public
Programs We Support:
- Mind and Life Institute
- The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- Home Base: Veteran and Family Care
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
If you'd like to truly overcome your anxiety and receive exclusive content, resources and discounts – without having your inbox bombarded with irrelevant emails, pushy sales offers and spam – join our free Overcoming Anxiety Newsletter.
We value our subscribers and respect your time and your privacy. That's why we typically only send 1-2 emails per week, focused only on overcoming anxiety, and we never share our subscribers info with anyone… ever!
Join the Overcoming Anxiety Newsletter
Simply enter your details below to sign up now...