Electrotherapy: How CES Can Help With Anxiety
Know Someone That Would Find This Content Helpful?
Discover our top 5 favorite herbs for anxiety. These anxiety herbs have been proven effective through research and experience. We'll cover what works and the brands we trust.
The health of our brain and body has a direct effect on our mental and emotional health. In Part 2 of this series we uncover the biological causes of anxiety…
Our guide to meditation for anxiety provides everything you need to get started meditating for anxiety; discover practices to reduce anxiety and gain inner peace
An in-depth guide to the best anxiety supplements, herbs and natural supplements for anxiety and panic attacks backed by professional research. Discover what works…
Discover the power of brainwave entrainment to reduce anxiety, calm the mind and increase self awareness. All by simply listening with a pair of headphones.
In this guide, we will be diving into the psychological causes of anxiety to uncover how our thoughts, beliefs and interpretations create our anxiety…
Send Us a Message
This Month's Featured Course
Empath's Survival Guide
Many of us with anxiety tend to have a sensitive or empathic nature – we may often feel overwhelmed, dragged down or emotionally drained by others.
But our highly sensitive nature can also be a gift if we can learn how to navigate this world without being overtly influenced by the attitudes and emotions of others.
Join Dr. Judith Orloff for a free webinar – “Being An Empath Today” – and discover the exceptional gifts of high sensitivity that empaths can access by staying centered and grounded.
Enjoy a Free Webinar with Dr. Judith Orloff by clicking the button below
A Brief History of CES
How Does CES Work?
- 0.5Hz: the brainwave pattern of deep (or sub) Delta; primarily used to increase endorphins; good for depression and reducing pain
- 100Hz: the most popular frequency for anxiety, stress, and better sleep; primarily used to increase serotonin in the brain; relaxes the mind and helps focus
Is CES Safe?
CES devices operate on a single 9-volt battery and provide 1/1000th the current of ECT.
How To Use A CES Device
- Get into a seated position
- It's generally advised to wet (or use an electrode gel) at the point of contact, such as the earlobes
- Attach the electrodes to the contact points
- Turn on the device and choose the session/frequency setting
- Start session
- Most devices automatically begin at the lowest possible intensity
- You can turn up the intensity if/when desired
- A very faint tingling may be felt at the correct intensity
- You should not feel any sensations of pain or discomfort (if you do the intensity is way too high)
- Most devices will auto shut off at the end of the session, if not turn off the device once finished
Using CES for Anxiety
How to Purchase a CES Device
- FDA approved devices (requires a doctor's prescription): these include devices like Alpha-Stim and Fisher Wallace
- Non-FDA approved devices (no prescription needed): these include devices such as Oasis Pro and CES Ultra
We have partnered with Caputron, a trusted supplier for CES, tDCS and TMS devices, to bring our readers a discount for their purchase
Exclusively for our readers: Receive 5% off your order - simply use the coupon code below at checkout
Precautions Before Using
If you are pregnant, have a history of seizures or have medical implants you should not use any CES device. In addition if you suffer from a severe psychiatric condition it is highly advised to get a professional opinion prior to starting a CES treatment.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about how CES works, specific CES devices or anything else related to Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulatation – please leave your questions in the comments section below and we'll do our best to answer!