Electrotherapy: How CES Can Help With Anxiety
Know Someone That Would Find This Content Helpful?
Discover the power of brainwave entrainment to reduce anxiety, calm the mind and increase self awareness. All by simply listening with a pair of headphones.
Discover our top 5 favorite herbs for anxiety. These anxiety herbs have been proven effective through research and experience. We'll cover what works and the brands we trust.
Discover the best apps for anxiety as we reveal our favorites. Meditation apps, breathing apps, self-help apps and more. Which did we choose as the absolute best?
Discover how to use CBT for anxiety with 12 profoundly effective CBT techniques and CBT worksheets provided to help you manage anxiety and overcome negative thinking…
In our guide to online anxiety therapy, we outline the pros and cons of online therapy and compare 3 of the best online counseling services available…
An in-depth guide to anxiety medications, covering everything you need to know. Different medications for anxiety, how they work, risks vs benefits, and more …
Send Us a Message
This Month's Featured Course
40 Days to Postive Change
Join Kelly McGonigal for a free video – Establishing New Habits for Positive Change – and discover the latest neurological and psychological research into the mechanics of habit change.
Enjoy a Free 60-Minute Video Teaching by Clicking the Button Below
A Brief History of CES
How Does CES Work?
- 0.5Hz: the brainwave pattern of deep (or sub) Delta; primarily used to increase endorphins; good for depression and reducing pain
- 100Hz: the most popular frequency for anxiety, stress, and better sleep; primarily used to increase serotonin in the brain; relaxes the mind and helps focus
Is CES Safe?
CES devices operate on a single 9-volt battery and provide 1/1000th the current of ECT.
How To Use A CES Device
- Get into a seated position
- It's generally advised to wet (or use an electrode gel) at the point of contact, such as the earlobes
- Attach the electrodes to the contact points
- Turn on the device and choose the session/frequency setting
- Start session
- Most devices automatically begin at the lowest possible intensity
- You can turn up the intensity if/when desired
- A very faint tingling may be felt at the correct intensity
- You should not feel any sensations of pain or discomfort (if you do the intensity is way too high)
- Most devices will auto shut off at the end of the session, if not turn off the device once finished
Using CES for Anxiety
How to Purchase a CES Device
- FDA approved devices (requires a doctor's prescription): these include devices like Alpha-Stim and Fisher Wallace
- Non-FDA approved devices (no prescription needed): these include devices such as Oasis Pro and CES Ultra
We have partnered with Caputron, a trusted supplier for CES, tDCS and TMS devices, to bring our readers a discount for their purchase
Exclusively for our readers: Receive 5% off your order - simply use the coupon code below at checkout
Precautions Before Using
If you are pregnant, have a history of seizures or have medical implants you should not use any CES device. In addition if you suffer from a severe psychiatric condition it is highly advised to get a professional opinion prior to starting a CES treatment.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about how CES works, specific CES devices or anything else related to Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulatation – please leave your questions in the comments section below and we'll do our best to answer!