Electrotherapy: How CES Can Help With Anxiety
Know Someone That Would Find This Content Helpful?
Discover how to relax the mind and body with proven relaxation techniques for anxiety and stress. Simple practices that help ease us into a more relaxed state..
The health of our brain and body has a direct effect on our mental and emotional health. In Part 2 of this series we uncover the biological causes of anxiety…
An in-depth guide to the best anxiety supplements, herbs and natural supplements for anxiety and panic attacks backed by professional research. Discover what works…
We don't need to let worry control our lives. In this article we cover specific, proven techniques for overcoming worry and stopping the noise in our head…
Discover the power of brainwave entrainment to reduce anxiety, calm the mind and increase self awareness. All by simply listening with a pair of headphones.
Discover how to use Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT/Tapping for anxiety, OCD, Trauma and more. We'll dive into how it works and how to use EFT the right way!
Send Us a Message
A Brief History of CES
How Does CES Work?
- 0.5Hz: the brainwave pattern of deep (or sub) Delta; primarily used to increase endorphins; good for depression and reducing pain
- 100Hz: the most popular frequency for anxiety, stress, and better sleep; primarily used to increase serotonin in the brain; relaxes the mind and helps focus
Is CES Safe?
CES devices operate on a single 9-volt battery and provide 1/1000th the current of ECT.
How To Use A CES Device
- Get into a seated position
- It's generally advised to wet (or use an electrode gel) at the point of contact, such as the earlobes
- Attach the electrodes to the contact points
- Turn on the device and choose the session/frequency setting
- Start session
- Most devices automatically begin at the lowest possible intensity
- You can turn up the intensity if/when desired
- A very faint tingling may be felt at the correct intensity
- You should not feel any sensations of pain or discomfort (if you do the intensity is way too high)
- Most devices will auto shut off at the end of the session, if not turn off the device once finished
Using CES for Anxiety
How to Purchase a CES Device
- FDA approved devices (requires a doctor's prescription): these include devices like Alpha-Stim and Fisher Wallace
- Non-FDA approved devices (no prescription needed): these include devices such as Oasis Pro and CES Ultra
We have partnered with Caputron, a trusted supplier for CES, tDCS and TMS devices, to bring our readers a discount for their purchase
Exclusively for our readers: Receive 5% off your order - simply use the coupon code below at checkout
Precautions Before Using
If you are pregnant, have a history of seizures or have medical implants you should not use any CES device. In addition if you suffer from a severe psychiatric condition it is highly advised to get a professional opinion prior to starting a CES treatment.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about how CES works, specific CES devices or anything else related to Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulatation – please leave your questions in the comments section below and we'll do our best to answer!